Health & Safety
Maintenance of health and safety and the identification of risks in the design and construction phases of the project is an absolute requirement for WS Project Consulting.
The role of the CDM Principal Designer under the CDM Regulations 2015 is one that requires not only adherence to the Construction Design and Management Regulations but constant vigilance on site.
As Principal Designer we would provide the following services:
- Discussion with the Client on the project brief to gain an understanding of the Client, the project and its outcomes
- Submission of F10 to the HSE
- Make appropriate enquiries and advise in writing on the competence of any Designer to be appointed, any contractor to be appointed as Principal Contractor and any contractor the Client may wish to consider for a direct appointment
- Assembly and dissemination of the pre-construction information to the design team and tendering contractors
- Ensure prior to commencement of construction on site that a sufficient Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan is prepared by the Principal Contractor and the Principal Contractor has made arrangements to provide welfare facilities required in accordance with Schedule 2 of the CDM Regulations
- During the construction period we carry out regular site inspections to ensure health and safety on site is not being compromised and will provide at agreed intervals safety "health checks" to the Client and its design team
- Attend design team and project meetings to comment on design solutions for future maintenance by the end user whilst always mindful of the construction processes to ensure a safe working environment for operatives including review of method statements, design risk assessments and on-site certification of plant, scaffolding and personnel
- Produce the Health & Safety File to be included in the Operating & Maintenance Manuals delivered to the Client at the end of the project.